Types of hosting services
A hosting service involves stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's study them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to run a blog, email addresses, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by certain firms, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web site hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share a big number of pics with comrades or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your mailbox accounts. Some suppliers provide site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you want to open a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a website. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Cheap website hosting and domain names by Cheaper Hosting, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular web content only.